The typical long-term care insurance application process looks like this:
1) The application is submitted
2) The underwriting process occurs
3) The carrier makes its final decision
4) The policy is delivered if approved.
However, there could be a few more steps after policy approval. These are called post-issue requirements. PIRs can be one of the following three items:
1) Policy Delivery Acknowledgement
-Must be signed and returned within 25 days from date of issue (only for WV, LA, SD, NE & IL).
2) Outstanding Premium
-Total premium is due 60 days from issue.
-Required when responses to application questions is missing or changed, or when the policy is issued with changes or modifications.
We are here to help through the entire process of applying for long-term care insurance, including post-issue requirements. Do not hesitate to reach out if you need help!